Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 27, 2012

Ice Age: Continental Drift MOVIE REVIEW ***

They're baaaaaaaack! Manny, Sid, Diego, and all the gang are back in Blue Sky's fourth installment, Ice Age Continental Drift. When Manny, Sid, Diego, and Sid's Grandmother drift away on an iceberg away from land, it's up to the gang to find their way home to Ellie and Peaches before they're lost forever.

Blue Sky studios is not a name everyone knows too much about. They are a small company, but a company that continues to prove their mastery over the art of cinematography and just overall good movie making. Ice Age Continental Drift is no exception to this statement. I had seen the first film, when I was kid (don't ask when), I saw the second movie on my birthday (Ice Age: The Meltdown), the third I caught glimpses of on HBO (Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, probably the worst one in the series in my opinion), so I knew to finish things off right I had to see Ice Age Continental Drift.

For the most part? I was very impressed.  The acting was well done, especially by Ray Romano and the rest of the crew. Very impressive. The story was just right for this movie. No suprising twists, no "aww I shoulda seen that coming" moments. Just a nice story to take the kids to, which is fine. Parents need not be weary of this this one, as this movie only contains a SLIGHT amount of inappropriate content. Since the third movie (Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs) was marked with A LOT of coarse humor, I was thinking that there would be a good amount of it in this latest installment. Not so.  All it came down to? Some language (no swear words) and some action scenes. That's about it.

I'm not sure what else I can say about this movie (is that a GOOD thing or a BAD thing?) other than I hope, at the rate they're going at, that they make an Ice Age 5. If not, well, it was a good series while it lasted. I can recommend this film for kids and preteens (teenagers probably wont find this amusing) and happily give it 4 stars out of 5 and a B. Thanks Blue Sky. Keep showing us what GOOD animation looks like

My Grade: B
Stars (out of 5): 4

No comments:

Post a Comment