Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 24, 2011

Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer-MOVIE REVIEW

Once again, I had the distinct pleasure of taking one of my family members to see Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer.

The story goes like this (it's simple, really): Judy Moody is a young girl living in Frog Lake, Viriginia. Her mission? To make her summer the most awesome summer of her life. She only has one problem. Her friends are leaving for the summer. It's up to Judy, Aunt Opal, and her brother Stink (James Moody) to make this summer as awesome as possible.

I honestly don't know how to start this review or what to say about this movie. The plot was not strong enough to carry this film. Don't get me wrong. It was a decent film, but decent is the key word here. The perfomances were alright, the camera work was good, and the orchestration was right for this film...quiet and descrete. In all honesty though? I just didn't find myself enjoying this film. Perhaps if I were younger I would've easily sat through this film. However, with that said, the performances by the main characters were good.

Now on to details. The language was mild (the words crap and poo were used a lot in this film). There were a couple pictures of some questionable outfits worn by some women but nothing serious. The violence was also mild.

In short, I'm not sure if I can or cannot recommend this film. While there certainly were some laughable moments the premise of the film wasn't strong enough. Had the writers fixed that? This film would've been, as Judy says "NOT bummer." Keep trying hollywood.

My Grade: C+
Stars: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment